Tuesday 7 January 2014

Kate's 16th Birthday Card 2014

Twelfth Night (January 6th) has always been a special day in my calendar ever since the arrival of my youngest granddaughter Kate Erin ... this year 2014 her 16th birthday marks the beginning of what I hope will be a wonderful year for her. Yes she has all the mundane things like GCSEs to contend with, but her incentive is that in the Summer of 2014 she is going to visit a school friend over in Canada. She and her friends have been planning 'this journey' for months now, so when it came to choosing a card to make for her it had to be travel related, so here it is:






My inspiration came from these wonderful Sam Poole stamps, I also saw the 3d image of the balloon on her blog and from there the idea developed when I found docrafts All Aboard papers and embellishments, this is where the wonderful old map papers came from. Here is a closeup  of the 3d balloon:



 I also used the map paper as the left hand flyleaf of the insert, I used a piece of baker's twine between 2 brads to trace the journey between Britain and Canada 

I really enjoyed this project but more importantly Kate was pleased with it. That's all for now xxx bye Annie

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Annie I am sure she loves it such a lot of thought gone into this definitely one to treasure xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annie this is just FABULOUS!!! Such wonderful detail...so much to look at!! So your Kate is coming to Canada...where in Canada??

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCELLENT!!!!! Very apt. Love it Annie. xxx

    ReplyDelete