Thursday 14 November 2013

Friday 13th November 1992

Friday 13th November was such a lucky day for my family ... after a long wait I was finally told that my first grandchild had been born a baby girl named Bethan Rhiannon, I had to wait a couple of weeks before seeing her as my son and his wife were living in Cardiff area at the time.
So yesterday she was 21yrs old I can't believe where the time has gone:

2013


1993

 
 

 
 
Now I know she received them safely I can blog what I made for her, she is a very talented artist so making things for her is very daunting but I know she loves little boxes and books so that is what I made for her. At the last minute I also decided to make her a card to send her money in , I tried various other ideas which failed so I had to use an idea which was originally my sister Sue's ... so thanks Sue for saving my bacon yet again: The owl stamp is one of Sam Poole's, oak frame and cogs are Ali Reeve's masks:
 
,
 
 
Then this is the box and book I made, the box was embossed with Sheena's birds embossing folder which I highlighted with gilding wax
 
  


 
 
 Inside the box I used Andy Skinner's Skullduggery stencil one of Rhiannon's favourite things


 
                                                                       

Finally here is the tag book I made for her, as she is a fan of a certain young wizard and anything fantasy / magical I used G45 Steampunk Spells papers and bits and pieces from my stash

 
 
 
 
 
 
There were several other pages with pictures and personal messages  to her.
 
So there it is it took a while to make and I did wonder at times about sending it but once it was finished I was quite pleased with it. Rhiannon seemed to like it which is a result in my book !!
 
That's all for today xxx Annie


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful keepsake and work of art art, a gift to treasure always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fab Annie. You can see all of the love and care that's gone into it. I bet she was thrilled.

    Belated birthday wishes Rhiannon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Annie...I bet she loved every piece...and you can tell that so much love went into making them...thanks for sharing...hugs Jo. X

    ReplyDelete