Wednesday 20 February 2013

A Little Gift Bag

 
Today's post is of a gift bag I made for the Fussy & Fancy Friday challenge, again I left it late but this is what I eventually came up with
 
 
 



 
The main body of the bag was made using Papermania's 'Vintage Notes' papers which has a lovely fabric texture and printed with various hearts in lovely subtle vintage colours.
 
I used this clever tutorial http://howaboutorange.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/how-to-make-gift-bags-from-newspaper.html their original was made using a newspaper which is quite fun
 
I cut the background mat  using  the largest of Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles, I then stamped Indigoblu's Blazing Poppies on some cream card and cut it out using Xcut heart die, flowers were then coloured in using Distress Ink pens. The sentiment is from Creative Expressions cut out using  the slightly smaller X heart die. Flowers were made with Bitty Blossoms Spellbinder's dies.These elements were then attached using foam tape to give a bit of dimension. I kept the tag quite simple cutting a heart shape and stamping it with Clarity 'with love' stamp I then made a frame for it with cream card which I raised on foam pads before adding some pink gems.
 
 
 

 
 
Now I am going to enter it into the challenge @ http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk
 
Aw I have lost a whole afternoon playing with this project ... it will be  a quick tea tonight
 
Right that's all for now Thanks for looking
Annie xx
 

3 comments:

  1. How lovely, Annie! I love those gorgeous flowers and the dainty heart shaped tag! Your silver embossing is so elegant! Somebody is going to feel very special when they receive a gift in this bag!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Big warm hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bag. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Annie you've been hand picked in our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy. Please pop over to the blog to pick up our badge for your blog.


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete